A Personal Approach To Your Naturalization And Citizenship Needs

If you have a green card and want to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC can help you complete your application and guide you through the process of gaining citizenship. Attorney Fernanda Inegol provides immigration and naturalization services in the San Antonio area. Fernanda is a compassionate and knowledgeable immigration attorney with over eight years of experience helping foreign nationals gain citizenship.

The Requirements To Become A Naturalized Citizen

There are many benefits to becoming a U.S. citizen by submitting an Application for Naturalization (N-400 form) to the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services). You will receive the right to vote, to hold public office, to access certain jobs and benefits, and more. In order to apply for citizenship, you must:

  • Be at least 18 years old
  • Be a legal permanent resident of the United States and have a I-551 (Alien Registration Card)
  • Have been present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the last five years
  • Be of “good moral character,” which means not having certain criminal convictions, such as aggravated felonies, within the last five years
  • Declare your attachment to the U.S. Constitution and the principles in it
  • Read, write, and speak basic English
  • Demonstrate knowledge of U.S. history and the U.S. government
  • Take an oath of allegiance to the United States

Consult With An Experienced Citizenship Lawyer Today Who Can Help You Navigate The Naturalization Process

Get professional guidance and assistance with a Texas-based immigration and naturalization attorney. Call 210-475-3963 or fill out the contact form to request an appointment. Fernanda assists clients in the following Texas cities and their surrounding areas:

  • San Antonio
  • Austin
  • San Marcos

She also serves individuals throughout the U.S. and internationally.

From The Blog

USCIS Anuncia la Fase Final de la Ampliación del Servicio de Procesamiento Prioritario de Formularios I-140 para EB-1 y EB-2.

El Servicio de Ciudadanía e Inmigración de Estados Unidos está en proceso de implementar la [...]

¿How can I bring my fiancé to the United States?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | May 27, 2021 | Naturalization And Citizenship |   Finding someone that [...]

¿What are the eligibility requirements for getting a fiancé visa?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jun 16, 2021 | Naturalization And Citizenship |   When you live [...]

¿What are the first steps to naturalization?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jun 28, 2021 | Family-Based Immigration |   When you first decide [...]

¿What are the rules for obtaining a visa for a family member?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jul 1, 2021 | Family-Based Immigration |   The United States supports [...]

¿Are you eligible for a third-preference EB-3 visa?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jul 1, 2021 | Employment-Based Immigration |   When you were born [...]

¿Do all naturalization applicants have to take an English exam?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jul 16, 2021 | Naturalization And Citizenship |   Becoming a citizen [...]

¿Why might someone want a non-immigrant visa?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jul 28, 2021 | Non-Immigrant Visas |   Non-immigrant visas are for [...]