Partner With An Experienced Visa Lawyer For Your Legal Needs

Are you looking to bring a fiancé, spouse, child or another family member to the U.S. on a temporary visa? Fernanda at Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC can advise and assist you throughout the process. She has represented clients throughout Texas who need help understanding their options. Over the years, she has built a reputation for being helpful and communicative. She knows how time is of the essence and moves quickly to resolve any issues.

Understanding The Different Types Of Visas

Depending on your situation, there are many different types of visas available for families. Fernanda can talk you through them. As an immigrant, she knows how confusing the process can be. That is why she is here to explain the choices you are facing and help you decide what will work best for your family. Typically, you will have to choose from the following:

K1 visas (fiancé): If you are a U.S. citizen with a fiancé who is a citizen of another country, you may be able to bring them to the U.S., on a temporary K1 fiancé visa prior to getting married. You must prove that you have met in person at least once before your fiancé arrives in the United States.

K3 visas (spouse): If you are a U.S. citizen with a spouse or child overseas, you may be able to bring your family to the U.S. on a temporary K3 spouse visa.

Removing conditions of residence: If you gained conditional permanent residence through marriage with a U.S. resident or U.S. citizen, you get a green card that is valid for two years. You cannot renew a conditional green card. To have the conditions removed from your permanent resident status, you must file a petition within the 90-day period before your conditional green card expires and submit proof of your marriage. If your conditions are not removed, you will lose your permanent resident status and will be removable from the U.S.

There are certain exceptions to this process. You can still apply even if you are not married anymore or in the process of getting a divorce. If that’s the case, you have to meet very strict requirements for USCIS to remove the conditions and renew your green card.

Consult With An Attorney By Calling Today

Want to consult with a visa lawyer and get the guidance you need to take the next step? Call 210-475-3963 or fill out the contact form to request an appointment. Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC assists clients in San Antonio, Austin and San Marcos. She is fluent in Spanish and takes Turkish consults upon request.

From The Blog

USCIS Actualiza el Proceso de Recibos para el Formulario I-129S

El Servicio de Ciudadanía e Inmigración de Estados Unidos (USCIS) anunció hoy cambios en la [...]

USCIS Launches Online Rescheduling of Biometrics Appointments

On June 28, 2023, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) introduced a new [...]

USCIS Provides Guidance on Employment Authorization Documents Based on Compelling Circumstances

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services today released policy guidance on the eligibility criteria for initial [...]

USCIS Anuncia la Fase Final de la Ampliación del Servicio de Procesamiento Prioritario de Formularios I-140 para EB-1 y EB-2.

El Servicio de Ciudadanía e Inmigración de Estados Unidos está en proceso de implementar la [...]

¿How can I bring my fiancé to the United States?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | May 27, 2021 | Naturalization And Citizenship |   Finding someone that [...]

¿What are the eligibility requirements for getting a fiancé visa?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jun 16, 2021 | Naturalization And Citizenship |   When you live [...]

¿What are the first steps to naturalization?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jun 28, 2021 | Family-Based Immigration |   When you first decide [...]

¿What are the rules for obtaining a visa for a family member?

On Behalf of Barba Inegol Law Firm PLLC | Jul 1, 2021 | Family-Based Immigration |   The United States supports [...]